Re: 1/ difference between shrinking and magnification? 2/ aleph

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Stephane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: 1/ difference between shrinking and magnification? 2/ aleph
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 04:45:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Stephane Payrard wrote:

> 1/ The fact there is two menu entries ( "magnification" and "shrinking
> factor") is an indication that these are different things. So what
> they really are? A shrinking factor of 1 is magnigying text!! I am
> lost here.

The shrinking factor only modifies the way you see the text on the screen.
Magnification is used for producing larger or smaller characters in print.
For instance, the seminar style for producing slides uses a magnification > 1.

> 2/ probably a TeX question? How do I get the hebrew lettre aleph?

In math-mode, type '\ a l e p h RET' or select the character from
the special character menu in the icon bar (the one with
the Weyerestrass function).