Re: \ and space (Was: new users)

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: \ and space (Was: new users)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:24:37 +0200

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 15:03, Bas Spitters wrote:
> In math mode
> does not get interpreted as I would have guessed.
> It just gets displayed in red.
>
> What I should have typed is
> \int<enter>f(x)dx
>
> Is there a reason why the first example does something different?

The first sequence of keys evaluates the hybrid command with the name "int
f(x) dx". Yes spaces are allowed in TeXmacs typesetter's variable names.

I typed in a short explanation of what is the hybrid command at:
http://alqua.com/tmresources/hybrid%20command

There is a wishlist entry about this point:
http://alqua.com/tmresources/wish%20-%20macro%20evaluation%20by%20hitting%20space

Do not hesitate to drop in a comment on the Wiki.
--

-- David --