Re: Moving cursor, again....

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Moving cursor, again....
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:25:17 +0200

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 12:40, Yoel Callev wrote:
> I don't know if its a feature or a bug: when I add key movement
> (go-left) in key bindings, it works iff it comes before any other
> command, so I can move the cursor before I write letters, but not
> afterwards.
>
> Is there any way to reposition the cursor after adding text?

In the edit_cursor_rep class (edit_cursor.gen.cc source file), you see that
all visual motion commands start with a test:

if (has_changed (THE_TREE+THE_ENVIRONMENT)) return;

That means that after the document has been modified and before it is
redisplayed, all visual motion commands are disabled. That make sense, since
visual motion may not be meaningful when the box representation (what is
displayed) is not consistent with the document tree (what is edited).

The behaviour you are asking for is indeed desirable, it will be possible
when structural cursor motion commands are implemented.
--

-- David --