Re: Problems starting TeXmacs

  • From: Stéphane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: Tom Alsberg <address@hidden>, GNU TeXmacs Users List <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Problems starting TeXmacs
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:52:32 -0400

On (24/09/02 19:37), Tom Alsberg wrote:
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:37:59 +0300
> From: Tom Alsberg <address@hidden>
> To: GNU TeXmacs Users List <address@hidden>
> Subject: Problems starting TeXmacs
>
> Hi there...
> I wanted to try TeXmacs a few days ago... I downloaded it, and
> installed it the simple way (configure, make, make install)...
> The configuring, compilation and installation went smoothly - no
> errors or warnings...
> But, when trying to start it, I get the following:
>
> sh: relocation error: /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs-1.0/lib/libconvert.so:
> undefined symbol: eval_scheme_func_tree_string__FG6stringG4treeR6string
> sh: relocation error: /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs-1.0/lib/libconvert.so:
> undefined symbol: eval_scheme_func_tree_string__FG6stringG4treeR6string
> sh: relocation error: /usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs-1.0/lib/libconvert.so:
> undefined symbol: eval_scheme_func_tree_string__FG6stringG4treeR6string
> sh: relocation error:
/usr/local/libexec/TeXmacs-1.0/lib/libconvert.so: undefined symbol:
eval_scheme_func_tree_string__FG6stringG4treeR6string

> Fatal error: guile seems not to be installed on your system in
> 'install_texmacs'
>
> The symbol 'eval_scheme_func_tree_string__FG6stringG4treeR6string' is
> really not defined anywhere in the guile libs... But what is the
> problem and why is TeXmacs looking for it?
>
> guile is installed fine, and works with other applications (as well as
> stand-alone) here. Both /usr/local/bin/guile-config,
> /usr/local/bin/guile, and /usr/local/lib/libguile* exist.

The symbol that causes the first error belongs to TeXmacs file
evaluate.cc and should definitively be found. The guile fatal error
is another error but may be caused by the same (to be identified)
problem.

IF I were you, I would recompile TeXmacs from scratch and check
marginal conditions like full disk (I would expect that to cause
a failure of the build but I have no better explanation).
I would advise to use the latest version of TeXmacs

I hope you will succeed geting TeXmacs working.

--
stef