GNU Octave m-files for TeXmacs

  • From: michael graffam <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: GNU Octave m-files for TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone, please forgive the breech of
netiquette, but I have attached a tarball of my work
on the GNU Octave / TeXmacs interface. It is very
small, just 4k so, again, please pardon the intrusion.

I would very much appreciate feedback from TeXmacs
users about the interface. I expect the scripts to
change in response to what users find more visually
appealing, to add configurability and new features,
etc.

The main functionality of the interface as far as
TeXmacs-output generation is in the "2scm" functions.
These are num2scm, mat2scm, str2scm, and struct2scm.
They convert scalars, matrices, strings and structures
(all stock Octave types) to Scheme expressions
displayable by TeXmacs.

The tmdisp m-file uses these functions to generate
TeXmacs output, and the file tmpolyout is a patched
polyout.m that will display polynomials as LaTeX
formulas.

Matrices are converted to centered-block TeXmacs
tables and structures are converted to itemized trees.
I am
particularly interested in what you think about the
look of this output.

I plan to add some configuration options for
colorizing
the structure keys, and choosing the style strings are
written in, etc.

How do you want your Octave interface to work?