Re: urgent help with page numbering

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: urgent help with page numbering
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:40:18 +0100 (MET)

> > What you can do now is hack the way headers are generated. Take a look
> > at the "header-article.ts" package (C-x C-f header-article.ts return)
> > and modify the macros "start-page", "odd-page-text" and "even-page-text"
> > as you want them to have (see also "Insert -> Header and footer"). You
> > may want to replace <apply|thepage> by <plus|<apply|page number>|xxx>,
> > where xxx is an offset for the page number.
>
> This will change the displayed page number for the content, but will it
> affect the table of contents at all? I can print the content out
> separately without the toc, which gives me the correct numbering, but I
> still need to fix the toc. Should the above hack do this?

Yes, you are right, this does not take care of the table of contents.
A more manual hack might be the following: put the title page,
the table of contents, etc. at the end of your article,
so that the numbering is correct for the main body.
Next manually set the headers and footers for
the remaining pages using "Insert -> Header and footer".

I am currently working on a better way for dealing with page numbers.
It will be in the next version. Unfortunately, it will only be released
somewhere next week or in about two weeks; it is better to give us
a bit more time for deadlines...

> > I do not know what you mean by "executive" summary
>
> It's basically a long abstract for those that won't be reading the
> proposal in detail, ie executives.

OK, so "section*" will probably fine for this (you may specify
a title yourself).