Re: Paragraph spacing

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Paragraph spacing
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:16:29 +0100

On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 01:15:45AM +0100, Stéphane Payrard wrote:
> On (29/11/02 11:37), Forringer, Ted wrote:
> > Subject: Paragraph spacing
> > Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:37:51 -0600
> > From: "Forringer, Ted" <address@hidden>
> > To: <address@hidden>
> >
> > I am trying to use TeXmacs for writing my Ph.D. thesis. I do not yet
> > understand how to modify the style files make a style that works for me.
> > The "book" style seems the closest, but I need to change the margins,
> > and use "letter" size paper instead of A4. I also need to have double
> > spacing for all of the text.
> >
> > Should I be trying to make a modified style "thesis" or should I use the
> > "book" style and manually change the margins and page size? If I need
> > to modify the style files, should I use a text editor (vim), or should I
> > use TeXmacs?
>
> You certainly can.
> This is how I have generated the empty attached TeXmacs file with
> book style, letter size paper, and line spacing set to 0.4fn

How to do it:

Create a new document
Select Document->Style->book
Select Document->Page->Size->Letter
(sets the bounding box of the generated PostScript)
Select Edit->Preferences->Printer->Paper type->Letter
(sets the page size of the generated PostScript)
Select Document->Paragraph->Spacing->Interline separation...
Type "1.2fn [return]"
(default spacing is 0.2fn, so 1.2fn should yield double line spacing)

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org