Re: Using multiple styles in the same document.

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Using multiple styles in the same document.
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:37:43 +0100

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 05:41:56PM +0200, Yoel Callev wrote:
> I'm interested in having a different interline spacing in different
> sections of my text. Specifically I'm interested in having a different
> spacing in the bibliography and in the rest of the text. Is this
> possible in texmacs? how can this be done?

That has nothing to do with different "styles" according to meaning of
this word in TeXmacs.

You can achieve your goal by wrapping your bibliography in
with-contexts setting the appropriate typesetter variables:

-- interline space
type: length

The minimum length between the ink of two successive lines of the
same paragragh.

This variable is set by menu items labeled interline separation.

-- line stretch
type: space

Stretchable space inserted between successive lines of the same
paragraph when filling a page. To produce the expected behaviour,
the variable value should be set to use fn* length unit. It is
the only space unit relative to the font heigth and with a
nominal value of 0.

This variable is set by menu items labeled interline space.

-- interparagraph space
type: space

Extra space between paragraphs.

You can find discussion of the distinction between 'length' and
'space' at this address:

http://alqua.com/tmresources/how%20to%20use%20length%20units

The relevant menu items are in the "Format->Spacing" menu and the item
"Insert->Macros->With".

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org