TeXmacs and ghostscript-8.0

  • From: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: TeXmacs and ghostscript-8.0
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 00:34:53 +0100

When importing images (gif, png, eps etc) while ghostscript-8.0 is installed, TeXmacs hangs. It does this once when the image file is selected in the file selection window and then once again when the OK button is pressed. "Hangs" means it doesn't react to any input.

The only way to continue is to run TeXmacs from the command line and then when it hangs to type a "Ctrl-C" on this same command line. After the second Ctrl-C, TeXmacs then continues normally.

This behavior is observed with ghostscript-8.0 on MacOSX, not with ghostscript-7.04 nor with ghostscript-6.01. Other people are seeing this, too. When I write a small C program that issues the exact same gs command line as TeXmacs does, I do not see any difference in the behavior of the different gs versions.

Any ideas where this could come from and how to debug it?

--
Martin

  • TeXmacs and ghostscript-8.0, Martin Costabel, 03/04/2003