Re: Using Action Links for changing slides in presentation mode

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Using Action Links for changing slides in presentation mode
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:18:47 +0200

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 04:20:47PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> which makes me think another question: How can I change the Scheme
> interpreter of TeXmacs from Guile to mzscheme (the used in htdp for
> examples?)

This is something we would like to do, but really no specific work in
that direction has been done yet.

If everything is well, you would need modify:

-- src/Guile

For the Glue proper.
The public interfaces are in "src/Guile/Scheme/*.hh".

-- src/System/Boot/init_texmacs.cc

For initialization.

-- src/Texmacs/Texmacs/texmacs.cc

To remove the use of the GUILE and put MzScheme in place.

-- configure.in
src/makefile
src/common.makefile.in
COMPILE

To make required changes to the build system and its
documentation.

-- Adaptations for Guile-specific features in Scheme code.

Look mainly for boot.scm and compat.scm in progs/core/boot.

-- More fixes for all the various things which did not went as well
as expected.

Joris is planning to support the "multiple interpreter" feature using
a plugin system and dynamic module loading. That would also probably
require the introduction of libtool in the build system if we want a
reasonably clean solution.

But any hackish and not well integrated solution wich actually sort of
works will be a big step in the right direction anyway.

> > For example, the actions must be disabled (and the color of the arrows
> > changed accordingly) when the first or last slide. Also, the user
> > interface should be updated to provide menu items to operate on the
> > new macro, and the keymaps would have to be adapted to provide uniform
> > behaviour in "switch" and "slides".
> >
> > Does someone feel like giving it a try?
>
> I can give a try. But I know almost nothing about scheme, I think from
> my ignorance that actions links is the way to go. Just show me the path
> to the source (code), Obi-wan-Allouche, ;-) and where to start, and I
> will give my best.

I think we should best discuss this in on IRC.

The first step will be to actually understand how the current "switch"
feature works. You would have to check (from memory no garantee)
fold.scm and std-markup.scm. From that point on, we can probably do
everything by extending what is already there.

--
-- ddaa