Re: writing own keys

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: writing own keys
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:48:32 +0200 (CEST)

> i use very offen sums with script below and script above. There is no key
> assigned with this function.
> Therefore i take a look into the mathematical-menu.scm
> ("Script below" (make-below))
> ("Script above" (make-above)))
> and wrote this to the kbd-math.scm:
> ("math I _" (make-below))
> ("math I ^" (make-above))
>
> Why does it working different if i press ALT-I _ or ALT-I ^ to the menu
> items?

I think that it should work the same way, except possibly for selections.
The point is that "math I _" does *not* define the "math I" shortcut.
So you might want to add a line like

("math I" "" "Insert a subscript below or above")

which maps the "math I" shortcut to a help message and no operation.

  • Re: writing own keys, Joris van der Hoeven, 06/18/2003