Re: S-F5 in math mode

  • From: Ingolf Meyer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: S-F5 in math mode
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:18:39 +0200

Michèle Garoche wrote:

Le jeudi, 19 juin 2003, à 10:31 Europe/Paris, Ingolf Meyer a écrit :

Kuo-Ping Chiao wrote:

I can not type the hot-key S-F5 (and S-F6) inside math mode to get math symbol. If type S-F5 S-I, one expect to get an integral symbol, however, it shows capital I only. Therefore, it seems to me that S-F5 is not working. How should I get it worked? OS: Linux Mandrake 9.1, TeXmacs: TeXmacs-1.0.1.14-1

This is a bug in TeXmacs or in XFree4.3 :-)

Surely not in either of those ones (I use both and it works perfectly without tricking anything). More probably in the system implementation or the key mapping.
Okay,

you are right. All I can say is this:

I had the same problem with Mandrake 9.1 and TeXmacs and it disappeared after installing the keyboard patch. The same with XFree 4.3 on Solaris, and XFree 4.3 on Debian (using german keyboard layout).

Ingolf