Re: Changes in spellchecker?

  • From: Robert Borys <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Changes in spellchecker?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:56:10 +0200

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:48:51 +0200, Jan Alboszta <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello
There is something strange with spellchecking. I write in Polish, and it
was working quite nice (I don't understand why .tm files aren't
iso-8859-2 but as long it printed correctly and spelling was possible it
is "inside TeXmacs", of course it would be nice to correct docs under
some simple editor) But now it doesn't.. I installed 1.0.1.21 and
when I try spelling it looks like that converting for aspell is wrong. Hope example will clarify:
When I write: "sąd" it is displayed correctly, in .tm file it is "s 0xA1
d" when I run, spelling it says it's wrong and suggest correction to for
example sśd which looks like "s 0xB6 d" but in .tm file it's "s 0xB1 d"
and 0xB1 is correct for "s ą d" in iso-8859-2

I downgraded to TeXmac 1.0.1.14 and there all is correct. So I could
probably run diff on both sources and look for changes (if I find way
to compare dirs where some names are only simillar but not identical...)
Or start to find on which version change it breaks, there would be less
changes. But i suppose that someone more familiar with the code would
find it much faster. It might be something silly because il2_to_cork and
cork_to_il2 parts of Data/String/analyze are unchanged

pozdr.
Jan Alboszta

Hi,
I've had similar problem with ispell and hopefully I solved it. Replace file .../TeXmacs-1.0.1.21-src/Plugins/Ispell/ispell.cpp with attached one, then recompile and reinstall TeXmacs (if you installed TeXmacs from deb or rpm, you should download the source first).

--
Robert Borys