Re: managing labels and reference

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Ulrich Hasecke <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: managing labels and reference
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:18:26 +0200

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 06:53:02PM +0200, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

> 1. Go into a section
> 2. insert a label and called it foo
> 3. go to some other page
> 4. insert reference
> 5. called it foo
>
> after return I get a number, but it is neither the page number nor the
> section number.

Labels associated to section should be placed just _after_ the section
header, preferably on the same paragraph. Placing the label _inside_
the section header is not correct.

AFAIK this is not documented, but it matches LaTeX.

> Is there any outline-mode where I can get the right label-names.

I am not sure of what you mean, but the answer probably is no.

> Are sections labeled by default?

No, they are not.

--
-- ddaa