Re: [TeXmacs] Header??

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Henrik Brink <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Header??
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:47:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Henrik Brink wrote:
> Im completely new to Texmacs, but I think I'll like it a lot when I get
> to know it a little better :-)
>
> The first thing I don't understand is the header and footer. When I
> click Insert -> Header and footer -> Header
>
> Something like this is inserted in my buffer:
> <assign|this page header|>
>
> And that is not WYSIWYG, but also if i write something after the last
> "|", and export to postscript, nothing happens to it.
>
> What am I doing wrong, or maybe more relevant, what have I misunderstod?
>
> Thanks in advance. I would like a quick answer, because then I could use
> Texmacs to my physics-paper for tomorrow!

By default, TeXmacs uses the "papyrus mode" for displaying text.
In order to see the actual page breaks, you should select

Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper

In order to see the headers and footers:

Document -> Page -> Screen Layout -> Headers and footers

Notice that you may also preview the result before printing.

  • Header??, Henrik Brink, 10/01/2003
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Header??, Joris van der Hoeven, 10/01/2003