Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with references

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with references
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:21:14 +0200

Daniel Pighin privately wrote:
> > References should be placed after the section title, preferrably on
> > the same line.
> >
> > Otherwise, if there is a table of content, the reference actually is
> > duplicated in the document (one in the section title, and one in the
> > table of contents, which duplicates the contents of the section
> > titles).
>
> Thanks a lot, David, it solved the problem.
>
> Can you also explain why sometimes it happens that page references in
> the menu are replaced by question marks?

In the menu? I am not sure I understand what you mean.
The table of contents maybe?

Page references are initialized to "?" when the label is created, and
the page number is only computed when the document is displayed in
"page" paper type. In "papyrus" or "automatic" paper type the page
breaking algorithms are not used (this substantially improves the
editor's responsiveness) so the page numbers are not known.

--
-- ddaa