Re: [TeXmacs] suggestion

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Murali Agastya <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] suggestion
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:52:15 +0200 (CEST)

> Is it possible to have TeXmacs to open two pipes (like LyX does
> with .lyxpipe.in and .lyxpipe.out) to communicate with TeXmacs?

I think that we had this mechanism before Lyx.

> While the plugin system is great for elaborate tasks, if such pipes were
> present, then it is easy for relative novices like me to use them
> compared to writing plugins.

I don't know what you mean by "easy". For what task?
Plugins are very well documented and minimal examples are provided.
Just plug them in and modify them as you wish.

> Besides, with a plugin, one has to be in the "session" mode (or is this
> incorrect).

You can also use plugins in the background.
Did you read the documentation in Help -> Interfacing?