Re: [TeXmacs] how to refer to an equation number

  • From: Javier Arantegui Jimenez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] how to refer to an equation number
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:15:42 +0100

-------------------
> By inserting an equation and number it, the number shows correctly
at the end of the equation. But when I want to refer to this equation
number in my text, how to put the number there (as the \ref{eq:foo} in
latex)? I tried to find the answer from help, but only find something
talk about "inactive label" which can't solve my problem.

David Allouche explained it in an old message
<http://lists.texmacs.org/wws/arc/texmacs-users/2002-10/msg00002.html>
:

"Question: how to use labels and references

Answer:
Use the menu items to insert <label|xxx> and <reference|xxx>
elements in your text, where xxx is the name of your label.

These elements are inserted in an "inactive" state where they are
editable, to activate them you need to press return in the
parameter (as tipped in the status bar).

Also, you must make sure that the label has a "natural value",
meaning it occurs after a new *numbered* section, equation or
theorem. In some document styles (including "generic" style), the
sections are not numbered and will thus not define the reference
label.

Sometimes, when the reference is located before the label, you
might also need to update the internal cross reference table using
the menu Document->Update->All."

Javier