Re: [TeXmacs] Type 1 fonts, PFB, etc.

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Type 1 fonts, PFB, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:19:27 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
> Now that TeXmacs 1.0.3.3 is out, and facilities for handling Type 1 / PFB
> fonts are in place, could someone give an example of how to configure
> TeXmacs on a system where, for the sake of clarity, we assume that no
> pk fonts whatsoever are available?
>
> By looking at the source code, I see that TeXmacs will attempt to locate
> the .pfb fonts in the TeX (tetex) installation. But beyond that, I get
> lost.

For the moment, True Type fonts are detected using "locate",
but only the ones which are explicitly supported in

progs/fonts/fonts-truetype.scm

So if you want to add additional fonts, then please create
the corresponding entries in this file and send it back to us
for inclusion in the official distribution. Don't forget to
run "updatedb" if you just installed some new fonts and
don't forget to make the fonts available from the menus in

progs/menus/menu-format.scm

Of course, if someone wants to implement a plug-in for
a more automatic font-selection system, then this would
be welcome too.