Re: [TeXmacs] Make a word not to be hyphenated and insecable spaces

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Make a word not to be hyphenated and insecable spaces
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:26:17 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 10:15:45AM +0100, Riccardo Ferrari wrote:
> Is it possible to tell TeXmacs that I do not want a word to be hyphenated (I
> want it to appear on the next line if necessary)? I solved it, for now, by
> inserting a new line. Being it inside a section title, then I have to remove
> the new line in the table of contents.

Select the word, then "Insert->Special->Group".

> And, is there a Texmacs equivalent of LaTeX insecable space?

Spaces are automatically insecable before most punctuations. When you
want an custom insecable space you can use
"Insert->Space->Horizontal-Rigid" or
"Insert->Space->Horizontal-Stretchable", then type in the window footer
the space value you want (e.g. "2spc", without the quotes and without
intervening space for a double width space) then enter.

--
-- ddaa