Re: [TeXmacs] Figure in Texmacs

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Christophe Raffalli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Figure in Texmacs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:34:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Christophe Raffalli wrote:
> I generate figure in TeXMacs in the following way:
> I generate a figure with no text using for instance xfig
> The I incorporate this figure in a superpose box together with some move
> box containing some text. This gives:
>
> <superpose|THEIMAGE|<move|TEXT1|X1|Y1>|<move|TEXT2|X2|Y2>|...>
>
> Then, I have a few question:
>
> - Is this the best way (while the graphical editor is not available) ?

I fear so, yes. Notice that progress is being made on the graphical editor.
I hope that a first beta-version will be ready this autumn.

> - I do not find a way to have my cursor entering TEXT1 to change it
> (except if I edit the source to place the cursor by a click)

Just put your cursor behind the superpose tag and press backspace.
You will now be able to edit the arguments one by one.

> - I do not find a way to move a move box using the mouse. This looks
> very strange in a wisywig editor, and it is very painfull to move the
> box by dighotomie.

I agree, but that is rather planned for the graphics mode.

Best wishes, Joris