1.0.4 cygwin test version

  • From: Andreas Seidl <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: 1.0.4 cygwin test version
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:57:51 +0200 (CEST)

can be installed now from my server. As usual, see

http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/texmacs/tmtour.html#2

for instructions, and don't forget to specify http://alice.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/cygwin as a server in step 6.

Please try out this version, as it is the next candidate scheduled for inclusion in the Cygwin distribution.

Problems I encountered so far:

- no PDF export (but PS export works)

- If I switch File --> Page Setup --> Font Type to True type, then I can choose Help --> Full Manuals --> User Manual and get that document within 2-3 minutes. During opening of the document the message

locate: /usr/var/locatedb: No such file or directory

is printed in the shell many times. So I decided to "updatedb". As a result, TeXmacs crashes now when opening the User Manual (but the other stuff under Help works). This crash occurs for both settings of Font Type: EC fonts and true type fonts. By removing /usr/var/locatedb the bad behavior vanishes again.

Andreas.
--
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl

  • 1.0.4 cygwin test version, Andreas Seidl, 07/26/2004