Re: [TeXmacs] Slides with TeXmacs

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Slides with TeXmacs
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:58:25 +0100

Hello,

El Viernes, 5 de Noviembre de 2004 20:49, Lionel Elie Mamane escribió:
> 1) How do I display them during my presentation? I found out about
> paper type "automatic", but "Presentation mode" doesn't show me
> what I want: the "informative flags" are still shown, the slides
> (pages) are not shown one by one, but "continuously". I also tried
> paper type "paper", but then, still I get into the situation where
> I have the bottom half of one slide and the top half of the next
> one on screen at the same time.

When I use TeXmacs as presentation tool I change same settings from my usual
configuration:

Document -> View -> Informative Flags -> None (Don't show informative flags)
Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper (To know where it's the ending of the
slides)
Document -> Orientation -> Landscape

One of the problems about using TeXmacs as presentation tool is the selection
of the size of the paper (Document -> Page -> Size -> Other). Usually I use
A4 but the screen has a different aspect ratio. After some trials I found
that the best size for my screen is 30cm (width) and 19cm (height).

Usually I don't use TeXmacs directly for my presentations. When my
presentation is ready I export it as a pdf. I use a pdf reader as
presentation player. Most of the readers let you show the document in full
screen mode and can adjust automatically the pages to the screen size if it's
necessary.

> 2) I'm trying to include logos on the title page, but can't figure how
> to do it. The best I have found for now is to add new authors whose
> name is the image :) With the previous version, I would just put
> the cursor where I wanted the image (by pushing "enter" after the
> author field) and insert the image, but now TeXmacs refuses to exit
> the author field.

I cannot think a much better solution than yours. My solution is instead of
writing the name of the author directly in the author field, put first a
table with two cells. In one cell you can write the name and in the other
insert the logo. I know that it is not a very elegant solution.

Regards,

Javier

--

Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es

  • Slides with TeXmacs, Lionel Elie Mamane, 11/05/2004
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Slides with TeXmacs, Javier Arántegui, 11/09/2004