Exact positioning of floating objects?

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Exact positioning of floating objects?
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:02:29 +0100

Hi there,

trying to put together a presentation in TeXmacs, I really struggle with the page layout.

What I would like most is free positioning of floating objects on the page like it can be done in presentation programs (Powerpoint, OpenOffice Presenter, etc.)

Is there at least a way to exactly position floating boxes (with text, pictures or formulas) in fixed positions (relative to the anchor point, relative to the page or whatever)? Preferable, the box should just float on to of the regular text without shifting everything around.

B.t.w: I think the lack of control over the exact page layout is one of the major drawbacks of TeXmacs. It is great that page-layout is done automatically and intelligently, but for certain tasks, this can really get in the way.

Greetings,
Norbert

  • Exact positioning of floating objects?, Norbert Nemec, 03/02/2005