gnuplot session in texmacs

  • From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: gnuplot session in texmacs
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:27:32 -0500

Hi
I have two questions regarding gnuplot session in texmacs.

1) When I open the gnuplot session, I do not know terminal it was set to. I tried "set terminal" command. It lists only the available terminals but not the current terminal name. How can I find this out? (In the usual gnuplot interface, "set terminal" shows the current terminal.

2) Assuming that the default terminal is x11, I tried "plot x, x**2"

But the lines drawn were not in color. In the usual gnuplot, the lines are colored red and green. How can I get this behaviour?

3) What is the easiest way to store the variable settings.

For example, In gnuplot if I do

set grid
plot x
plot x**2

then the "set grid" is remembered for the second plot command also. In texmacs, I have to do

set grid; plot x

set grid; plot x**2

which is very cumbersome if I want to set some 10 options....

How can I get the default behaviour of gnuplot?

Using Debian Sid, TeXmacs version 1.0.4, (c) 1999-2003 by Joris van der Hoeven

thanks in advance
raju