Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs on windows

  • From: Dan Martens <address@hidden>
  • To: Robert Jerrard <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs on windows
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:45:01 -0400

Hello Robert,

The help page is new one and is not a known issue. It could be a corrupted file. Try opening another one.
The maxima issue was reported by one other person a few days ago. It does not seem widespread, so it may be environment dependant.
Please send me your wintexmacs\texmacs\plugins\maxima\progs files so I can make sure they are valid.
As well, please make sure you can run the maxima.bat file in the maxima\bin directory.

Dan

Robert Jerrard wrote:

Hello all, I am trying to help a friend install TeXmacs on a Windows XP
machine the installatin of wintexmacs-1.0.5.exe seems to go fine but
when I start up TeXmacs the help page comes up with
<block*|<tabular*| Welcome to GNU <TeXmacs>

etc. Is this a known problem?
Also, TeXmacs is not seeing Maxima, the line
C:\Program Files\Maxima-5.9.1\bin
is in the C:\Program Files\Wintexmacs\Texmacs\Plugins\Pluginspaths.txt
file and that is the correct path to maxima but Maxima is not in the
menus for TeXmacs only Scheme and Other. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob