Re: [TeXmacs] the texmacs mime type

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] the texmacs mime type
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:23:27 +0200

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 01:05:30PM -0500, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> I've noticed that texmacs comes with mime/texmacs.desktop and
> pixmaps/TeXmacs.xpm . Does anyone know how i can register this so
> applications like nautilus can use the TeXmacs.xpm as the default icon
> for texmacs files? I seem to be having no luck finding this
> information as it's no longer a "gnome question" but a freedesktop
> question.
>
> Here's what I've found so far.
>

> a user is supposed to have the following directories:
> (all done as a user, as i'm not the package maintainer)
>
> ~/.local
> ~/.icons
>
> i tried putting texmacs.desktop in ~/.local/share/applications
>
> texmacs.mime in ~/.local/share/mime/packages
>
> and TeXmacs.xpm in ~./icons
>
> and tried update-mime-database, update-desktop-database,
> gtk-update-icon-cache
>
> and I still see the default icon for .tm files. Anyone know what to do?

The best thing would be to find out what is the correct way
for TeXmacs RPM's to install the mime types on different systems.
This worked well a few years ago, but since then, conventions seem
to have changed. If someone could find out what to do, this would
indeed be nice.

Best wishes, Joris

  • the texmacs mime type, Corey Sweeney, 07/06/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] the texmacs mime type, Joris van der Hoeven, 07/07/2005