Hyper for greek letters // forgot to rebind?

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Hyper for greek letters // forgot to rebind?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:08:09 +0200

Hello,

I recently observed (1.0.5.4) that I was no longer being able to get
greek letters by using the Hyper modifier as a substitute for the F5 key
(and a few other combinations for bold, etc. as well)

I have browsed a little the cvs tree[1] and it seems to me that this
mapping disappeared with a reorganization of the directory structure
coming with 1.0.5.1.

I managed to recover the behaviour by writing in my own preference file
(called kbd-qoptik) the relevant part of the (kbd-wildcards ...)
section copied from the old kbd-emacs.scm, before the reorganization.

In case it is useful for somebody, this is the aforementioned fragment:

(texmacs-module (keyboard kbd-qoptik)
(:use (utils edit auto-close) (texmacs keyboard
config-kbd)))
(kbd-wildcards
("H-" "F5" #t)
("H-C-" "F6" #t)
("H-C-S-" "S-F6" #t)
("H-A-" "F7" #t)
("H-M-" "F8" #t)
)

Since the documentation still points to F5 as an alias for H- (in the
conventions file), I suppose that this change was not intentional. I
hope then that it can be reverted back to the previous state.

Cheers, 'Alvaro.

[1]
http://www.texmacs.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/TeXmacs/progs/texmacs/keyboard/