RE: [TeXmacs] asking help for the first time user

  • From: "Jack Zhang" <address@hidden>
  • To: "'Riccardo Ferrari'" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: RE: [TeXmacs] asking help for the first time user
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:03:44 -0000

Ciao Ferrari

Thanks for your help. Now it works on.

Jack

From: Riccardo Ferrari [mailto:address@hidden]
Sent: 08 November 2005 16:26
To: Jack Zhang
Cc: address@hidden

Il giorno 08/nov/05, alle ore 16:53, Jack Zhang ha scritto:

Hi there,

I just start to learn texmacs for my PhD thesis now? Can anybody tell me how to type in latex equivalent command in texmacs for example, \alpha \newpage and \begin equation something like these.

Cheers from Edinburgh

Jack

If you know Latex you may easily type formatting and math in Texmacs using the very notation you are talking about. E.g., in text mode, if you want subsequente text to be emphasized, just type "\em [RETURN]" and then your text. To move outside the emphasized environment strike the right arrow once (anyway you will notice a cyan box that highlight the new environment). If you want te text to be red, just type "\red [RETURN]" and so on. To enter math inline mode type "$" and then, as you prefer, "\alpha [RETURN]" to get the alpha or "\frac [RETURN]" to get ... (I think you guessed what I mean ...). To enter equation mode, "\equation [RETURN]".

You will notice that typing this way with texmacs is light-years faster than latex and faster than LyX, too.

You will find a lot info if you look at texmacs documentation and previous posts of this mailing list.

Best regards

Riccardo Ferrari, PhD student

Department of Electrical, Electronics

and Computer Engineering