Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with Octave session

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with Octave session
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:47:27 +0200

Hello,

El Lunes, 27 de Marzo de 2006 10:13, Jani Huhtanen escribió:
> I'm using TeXmacs 1.0.6 and Octave 2.1.72. If I try to plot something in an
> Octave session I get a warning (something about gplot being deprecated) and
> the ps is just an questionmark. After few retries I get an succesful plot
> and an error: "Value on right side of assignment is undefined".
>
> I assume this is a problem of the octave plugin. Is there a fix available
> for this?

I don't think so. The truth is I don't know if this problem is difficult to
solve, but I hope it isn't. I've been checking the one of the files
(__plt2mm__.m) in /usr/share/TeXMacs/plugins/octave/octave/plot and it uses
gset and gplot.

When I start my Octave installation (2.9.3), it says:

warning: gset is deprecated and will be removed from a future
warning: version of Octave.
warning: You should use the higher-level plot functions
warning: ("plot", "mesh", "semilogx", etc.) instead
warning: of the low-level plotting commands.
warning: If you absolutely must use this function, use the
warning: internal version __gnuplot_set__ instead.

I think that it's necessary to substitute the old *.m files
in /usr/share/TeXMacs/plugins/octave/octave/plot with the newer ones and do
the needed modifications.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es