Re: [TeXmacs] cursor position is not preserved under document -> update -> all

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] cursor position is not preserved under document -> update -> all
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 00:14:39 +0200

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

Let's say I am at pg-13 of a fourty page document. At this point if I
do, Document -> Update -> All, the cursor is moved from pg-13 to the
end of the file. I really hate this. May be it is just me! Everytime
I do document->update->all, I have to navigate my way to the original
position. Is there any way to preserve the cursor position when we do
document->update->all ?

You would need to wrap the Scheme code triggered
by "document->update->all" between :
[[
(let ((old-pos (cursor-path))
)
...code for "document->update->all"...
(go-to old-pos))
]]

but for this, you would need to hack the standard
TeXmacs files that define the menu. Another way
would be to define a keyboard shortcut that does
the (let ...) above. For more info about keyboard
shortcuts (& TeXmacs plugins), you can look :
[[
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf
]]

Best, Henri

  • Re: [TeXmacs] cursor position is not preserved under document -> update -> all, Henri Lesourd, 04/01/2006