Re: [TeXmacs] Cygtexmacs download corrupt?

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Cygtexmacs download corrupt?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:05:27 +0200

Hello,

actually the ZIP file did work, thank you. The Cygwin version is _much_ faster than the (old) native port.

BTW, I've been wondering if it would be hard to separate the Texmacs core functionality and editor core (i.e. rendering, exporting, font & image handling, tabbing through alternatives) from the rest of the user interface, so one could implement a nicer (and more intuitive) gui.

I love the way I can achieve everything fast and intuitively using the keyboard, but the rest of the interface is somehow outdated (I'm just thinking of having to type "y" to answer questions instead of having yes/no buttons). I'm pretty sure a decent user interface with "native" controls would create a major boost in Texmacs popularity.

I've been browsing through the sources a bit, but was a bit overwhelmed, so maybe there is someone with a more intimate knowledge.

Greetings,
Jan