New TeXmacs user

  • From: Paolo Nason <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: New TeXmacs user
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:02:47 +0200

Hello,
I just started using texmacs about a week ago. This past week
I used it for a presentation (I used latex before). I find it
great.

The presentation came out fine. However I missed the use of the
minipage environment. That was the way I used to put stuff
side-by-side in Latex (for example, a figure and its comments).
The only way I found to do that in texmacs is to enter the two-colum
environment, but that seems to be a clumsy way to do it.
Does anybody know of a good substitute for minipage, or parbox,
in TeXmacs?

Cheers,
Paolo