Re: [TeXmacs] Help in collaborative work

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Help in collaborative work
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:15:00 +0200

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 04:11, Javier Arantegui wrote:

I don't
think that it's realistic to think I could convince her to use TeXmacs in
MS Windows :-(

Are you sure about that? I have had experience with colleagues whom I thought are hell bent upon using word. Once I showed them what can be done with Texmacs, they just switched to texmacs. They just need good 15 minute introduction and a nice push. Most people are not averse to change but they want the transition to be as smooth as possible.

That's right. As soon as you show them a sufficiently useable version
of TeXmacs under Windows which is suitable for their needs.

I just had a look today, the native Windows version is much smaller
and a little bit more reactive, but I experienced problems with all the
math fonts missing, and no loading at all of the custom plugins.

I also experienced with the cygwin version, it is bigger (90Mo), but
works exactly as the Linux version. We also succeeded without big
problems in having everything we need (loading Scheme plugins)
working correctly in a short period of time. Therefore, the Cygwin
version of TeXmacs seems currently the safe bet.