Re: [TeXmacs] iBook keyboard mapping

  • From: Bob Lounsbury <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Javier Arantegui Jimenez <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] iBook keyboard mapping
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:07:55 -0600

On Oct 19, 2006, at 12:58 PM, Javier Arantegui Jimenez wrote:

On Jue, Octubre 19, 2006 19:34, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone successfully mapped keyboard commands to an iBook or mac
computer? The only way I can access the mod keys is to hit 'esc'
multiple times. It would be nice to have the 'A-' modifier and math
mode 'H-' modifier to a simpler key stroke at a minimum.

You can use Esc key to "simulate" the A- and H-. Press Esc 1, 2 or more
times, in the bottom right corner, you can see the selected modifier.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

Thanks for the response, but if you would read my message I said:

"The only way I can access the mod keys is to hit 'esc' multiple times. It would be nice to have the 'A-' modifier and math mode 'H-' modifier to a simpler key stroke at a minimum."

I wanted to see if anyone has been able to map these modifiers to something like 'caps lock' or 'ctrl' or 'option' or some other quicker key stroke, rather than having to hit 'esc' two or more times everytime I need the modifier. I've tried editing the preferences but nothing happens.

Thanks,
Bob