Re: [TeXmacs] How to turn a section into a section*

  • From: Nicolas Girard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to turn a section into a section*
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:07:20 +0100

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 20:34, Bob Lounsbury wrote:

> One way. Type "\section* > hit-enter" then you can insert the title.
> There may be a much easier way to convert, but I don't know how.

Bob,

thanks for your feedback, but this procedure is used to create a new
section*,
not to turn an existing section into a section*.

Actually I already came to the following procedure but this seemed too
complicated to me:

1. in the section, type C-backspace to suppress the section
2. select the remaining text
3. type \section*, then return

Wouln't it be far easier, and quite intuitive, to switch from an env. to
env.*
using tab, as it makes sense to regard them as variants ?

Nicolas