Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs for fedora core 6

  • From: Paolo Nason <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Jan Brosius <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs for fedora core 6
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:54:48 +0100

In fact I tried to compile it; I downloaded a CVS version,
it compiled, but then it did not run; It gave an error message
about incompatibility with guile-1.8, which is in Fedora 6. So, I
downloaded guile 1.6.8, compiled it, set the path to give precedence
to the guile 1.6.8 executable, ./configure texmacs (this time with the
1.0.6.6 sources) and compile it. It produced an executable that works,
and it links correctly to the guile-1.6.8 libraries,
but it crashes (segmentation fault) for unknown reasons very often.
It is hardly usable as is. All this I did on a i386 architecture.
I would appreciate some suggestions.

Best regards,
Paolo