Re: [TeXmacs] questions about 2 columns

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] questions about 2 columns
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:52:57 +0100

Michael Lachmann wrote:

I tried to use TeXmacs to create a document with 2 columns. I
encountered the following 2 "problems".

1. The document is shown in TeXmacs as one long page. This means that
half the document is on the left side, and half is on the right side,
and somewhere in the middle is a sentence that you have to scroll all
the way up/down the document to read. Is it possible to somehow tell
TeXmacs to display pages, so that the document will be devided into
several pages?

What about Document->Page->Type->Paper ?

2. Currently with 2 columns the last page of the document gets printed
with 2 short columns. For example, if the last page is only 2/3 full, I
get 2 columns which are 2/3 a page long each. I'd like one column to
fill up first, and then the other to be used. In the example above it
would mean one full column, and one 1/3 full. Is there a setup that
tells TeXmacs to do that?

I don't think so, to my knowledge, there is no such setting. One approximation
to this is to add new void lines in the end of the second column, then you
would increase the length of the two columns, the text moves from the second
to the first one, and second becomes full of void lines.

Best, Henri