Another flavor for TeXmacs

  • From: "chu-ching huang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Another flavor for TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:59:10 +0800

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

As Knoppix-5.1 was released, 30/12/2006, I made a test for remastering it and
adding latest TeXmacs. In this time, I try two different way for running
LiveTeXmacs:

a) install it on 2G USB stick and directly boot it. It works as like booting
from CDROM and running very silently.

b) By the help of QEMU, it can run within WinXP. Although it is also OK, but
the programming executing velocity is very slowly.

These two tests on the same USB stick. In other words, TeXmacs can run more
flexibly.

Cygwin and CAS are also tested. Till now, Axiom can run on Cygwin but Maxima
fails. Does anyone can share the experience about running CAS over Cygwin and
TeXmacs? Thanks.

Best regards,

cch

  • Another flavor for TeXmacs, chu-ching huang, 01/03/2007