Re: [TeXmacs] beginner questions

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Jürgen Zdero <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] beginner questions
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:33:31 +0100

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 10:30:54AM +0100, Jürgen Zdero wrote:
> i need to increase the size of the texmacs
> mainmenu fonts and the icon size of the toolbars.
> The entire GUI-controls are too small for me.
> Is there an easy way to do it ?

For the menus, yes:

texmacs --font ecrm10@600

For the icons, no, since the icons are not vector graphics ;^(
But if someone wants to redesign all of them...

> If i will be able to read the menus i want to learn
> more about texmacs by trial and error and a tutorial.
> Next step will be to try drawing chemical structures
> and using axiom and maxima with texmacs.

We have no integrated tool for chemical structures yet,
but we do have a drawing tool.

> Concerning maxima i already have a question documented
> in the "parenthesis.pdf i attached to this message.
> When using integrate-symbol from the
> math-symbols-toolbar a additional right parenthesis

Rather an empty right delimiter (\right.).

> is required. Why ?

To indicate the scope of the integration symbol.

> For chemistry i already found a collection of
> *.tex-files called "chemstruct" but i do not really
> know how to use them.

You cannot, since TeXmacs is *not* a front-end to LaTeX.

> Would be nice to find a HowTo for setup the chemical
> drawing stuff and maybe a recommendation of other
> chemistry extensions for texmacs.

You would need to program this yourself ;^)

Best wishes, Joris

  • beginner questions, Jürgen Zdero, 02/11/2007
    • Re: [TeXmacs] beginner questions, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/11/2007