Re: [TeXmacs] Fw: installation

  • From: "Robert Lopez" <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fw: installation
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:54:50 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:54:50 -0700

Adding C:/cygtexmacs/bin; to the Start->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environmental Variables user path allows the  C:/cygtexmacs/cygwin dos batch job to start now. In the time it is starting I get this little pop-up which says:

 A fatal error has occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit. Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information. Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project, Release:6.8.99.901-4, Contact: address@hidden, Xwin was started with the following command-line: /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error".

The log files says:
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running
After a rather long time the texmacs application does open.

So, I am looking at it now. Right away I notice the pop-up menus tend to open and float freely on top of every other window. So, for instance if I am trying to read about how to use texmacs in a Foxfire window while trying things in texmacs, if the Foxfire window is brought up, it comes up on top of the texmacs window but underneath the open tool menu lists.