remote connections, linking tool, wiki and debian

  • From: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: remote connections, linking tool, wiki and debian
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:44:20 +0100

Hi,

i've just upgraded Texmacs with the package in experimental branch of
debian.
I encountered some bugs while trying to read the documentation,
espacially for the wiki which crashed the whole xserver. I'll try again
and confirm this.

Anyway, i have some questions :

1°) where can i find some help about what is called "Linking tool" and
"remote connections" : how does it work, what does it allows ...

2°) how could i change the appearance o the ploting tool : i'd like to
have the two axis in the middle of the screen.

3°) I trully believe that Texmacs is a wonderful tool for the maths
teacher, especially to draw triangles, curves and so on. The APMEP
(french association of math teachers) edited a paper about xcas. Perhaps
would it be possible to send a paper (in french ...) in order them to
publish it. In my high-school, i made a small presentation (as big as i
know texmacs), and the colleagues were really impressed with what
texmacs allows. In Besançon in october there will be a meting of all the
french math teacher involved in this association. If i get some (a lot
of) help and a lot of (some) alcohol ... i could perhaps organize a
small working group/presentation around Texmacs.

Thank you to all

MLL

  • remote connections, linking tool, wiki and debian, address@hidden, 03/06/2007