Maxima Mathematical input mode in TeXmacs

  • From: Robert Jerrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Maxima Mathematical input mode in TeXmacs
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:11:59 -0600

When in a Maxima session using the Mathematical input mode and using
multiple lines of input, how do you terminate a line of input with a $
in order to suppress output from that line?

I found a reference to shift-F5 followed by $ in a 2005 bug report and
this does work to create the desired result. Is there any menu for this
or other short-cut that can be used?

The other problem is that not all problem symbols are handled by the
shift-F5 approach, to get a double quote or an underscore I can use the
same approach (shift-F5) but to get a single quote I have to input it as
Mathematical-Text. This makes lines typical of a gnuplot preamble in a
plot2d command awkward to enter in the Maxima Mathematical input mode.
Clearly I could just not use this mode but then formulas in the plot2d
command would have to be done in the in-line format.

Am I missing something?

Bob
--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,

  • Maxima Mathematical input mode in TeXmacs, Robert Jerrard, 04/13/2007