Re: [TeXmacs] question for Texmacs in Linux

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] question for Texmacs in Linux
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 20:57:38 +0200

Jack Zhang wrote:

I have installed Texmacs under Mandrake in my computer. Most functions are working very well, looks more reliable than in windows. I have the following questions need your help.

Once the texmacs is run, system gives the warning that "Locale could not be set", and sometimes system says that "fatal error can not find locale database". Is this error msg is less relevant?

It is a not very important error message, you can ignore it. It would be interesting to know which
software exactly is issuing this error message, to my knowledge, TeXmacs never does it.

I need to install additional bibliography style file such as elsart-harv.bst. Could you tell me where such bibliography style file is located from the root directory.

The bibtex style files can be located in the same directory where you put all
your documents.

There is also probably one way to tell bibTeX the path of a fixed directory which would
be all the time the same where you would put your style files, but I never used it, I always
copy everything in the current directory for a given paper I do.