Re: [TeXmacs] Re: TeXmacs as a Maxima frontend on Mac OS X

  • From: Tobia <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: TeXmacs as a Maxima frontend on Mac OS X
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:39:31 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > I'd like to spawn a Maxima session automatically at startup and set a
> > few options.
>
> Put the following in my-init-buffer.scm
>
> (when (no-name?)
> (make-session "maxima" "default"))

Excellent, thank you!

Now there's only one customization I haven't yet managed to put in my
local init file: this change in /usr/share/TeXmacs/progs/math/math-kbd.scm

(kbd-map
(:mode in-math?)
- ("(" (make-bracket-open "(" ")"))
- (")" (make-bracket-close ")" "("))
+ ("(" (make-bracket-open "(" ")" #t))
+ (")" (make-bracket-close ")" "(" #t))

which makes "(" open large brackets instead of small ones. Can I put it
in my own init files, so as to preserve it from future system upgrades?

I tried putting this:

(kbd-map in-math? ("(" (make-bracket-open "(" ")" #t)))

in my-init-texmacs.scm and my-init-buffer.scm, both before and after
(toggle-session-math-input), but it has no effect. It does work from
the minibuffer though, or in the system-wide file, which puzzles me.

Tobia