minimum version of guile for texmacs

  • From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: minimum version of guile for texmacs
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:51:41 -0400

In http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/requirements.en.html it just
mentions that guile libraries are required for texmacs. Can someone tell me
what is the minimum version number of guile libraries with which texmacs is
assured to work? I am interested in both texmacs 1.0.6, 1.0.6.10 versions.
For both these versions is guile-1.6 sufficient? or does it require
guile-1.8?

Why I need this information?
Currently the Debian texmacs packages depend upon guile-1.8-libs package.
However guile-1.8 does not build upon ia64 architecture. So I am wondering
if we can reduce the requirement of guile from 1.8 to 1.6. If we do this,
do we loose any functionality of texmacs?

It would also be nice if you could update
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/requirements.en.html with this
information.

thanks
raju