Re: [TeXmacs] Feature request: subscript expression for Maxima session

  • From: "Puck Ja" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Stephan Mucha" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Feature request: subscript expression for Maxima session
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:42:01 -0500

Dear Stephan:

Thank you very much for helping out.  Unfortunately, the Mathematical Input in Maxima session sometimes is broken.  It may be bugs or it may a fundamental flaw in the translation.  I do want to see it works, but I have fell back to use simple text mode in Maxima session for this very reason.

The attached file shows the example to break the magic.  It seems the subscript messed up the definition of Y_a(x):=diff(x,t) so that Y_a(t^2) becomes zero.

Anybody may spot the problem I have?  Thanks for the help!

Puck