Re: [TeXmacs] unicode support in texmacs

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] unicode support in texmacs
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:20:38 +0100

Hi Kamaraju,

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 03:06:51PM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I am wondering if it is possible to input non english characters in
> texmacs. In particular I am interested to input telugu (an Indian language)
> characters in texmacs. How does one go about writing unicode characters in
> texmacs?

In principle, you can add your own fonts (look at what has been
done for Chinese, Japanese and Korean) to TeXmacs, but this easily
takes an afternoon. I just started the process of reshaping
the TeXmacs GUI, so as to make it more standard. At a certain point,
better unicode support is on the list.

Best wishes, Joris