Re: [TeXmacs] Segmentation fault on search

  • From: Robert Jerrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Segmentation fault on search
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:56:46 -0700

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 02:02 +0000, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:27:10 -0700, Robert Jerrard wrote:
> >
> > on a Ubuntu gutsy install on a laptop. When going to the
> > Help->Search->Documentation I get
>
> Cannot reproduce your problem on Debian Sid using
>
> ii texmacs 1:1.0.6.11-2
> ii texmacs-common 1:1.0.6.11-2
> ii texmacs-extra- 0.2
>
> Either your problem is specific to Ubuntu or it has been fixed in later
> versions.

The versions I have are the latest in gutsy and gutsy is the second
least stable setup in Ubuntu. When I was at feisty, one step more
stable, the version of texmacs and maxima that the distribution had was
not recent enough which was one of the main reasons I moved to gutsy.

The version I have on my desktop is Debian/Sid and it works there for me
also and the versions are

ii texmacs 1:1.0.6.11-1
ii texmacs-common 1:1.0.6.11-1
ii texmacs-extra-fonts 0.2

which appear to be less recent than my Ubuntu install.

> Also did you try starting texmacs after (re)moving ~/.TeXmacs?
> Sometimes it helps.

After removing ~/.TeXmacs and trying again, I got the same result

<unnamed port>: In procedure scm_lreadr in expression (primitive-load
name):
<unnamed port>: /usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/progs/doc/docgrep.scm:60:56:
illegal character in escape sequence: #\`

from the first use of Help->Search->Documentation but when I tried again
texmacs.bin ran amok, using 99.9% of the CPU and never returned or
crashing, I had to kill the process from the F1 console.

Thanks anyway, I guess I will just not use the Search on the laptop
until the next upgrade.

Bob
--
Dr. Robert J. Jerrard, Professor of Mathematics,
Concordia University College of Alberta,