sage session

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: sage session
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:03:24 +0100 (CET)

I am trying to use TeXmacs as a front end to Sage but some commands are not
working as expected.
First, I cannot change or list directory contents in a Sage session in
TeXmacs. 'cd' and 'ls' give:
Traceback (most recent call last):
NameError: name 'cd' is not defined

Second, I am having difficulty saving and loading sessions.
'save_session('test')' gives:
Traceback (most recent call last):
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'keys'
Attempting to load a session I've saved from a Sage session outside of
TeXmacs gives:
Traceback (most recent call last):
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'sage_session.sobj'
It always says 'sage_session.sobj' does not exist regardless of what filename
I specify in the load_session command.

Any tips on how to use Sage from within TeXmacs are appreciated. I am
using TeXmacs 1.0.6.11 and Sage 2.10.1.

  • sage session, fongpwf, 02/13/2008